Alton D. Kenney
866-933-3804 (Toll Free)
ALTON D. KENNEY, former First Assistant Monmouth County Prosecutor, is a member of the Firm's Criminal Defense team. Mr. Kenney has over thirty years of experience in the practice of criminal law. He has handled thousands of cases in federal, state, and municipal courts throughout New Jersey.
Mr. Kenney has extensive trial experience. He has served as lead trial and appellate counsel in many highly-publicized criminal cases throughout his career. In addition to countless appearances in trial and appellate courts throughout the State, he has also argued before the New Jersey Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
In addition to his criminal practice, Mr. Kenney has served as an instructor at Monmouth University. He has lectured for the Division of Criminal Justice of the Office of the Attorney General and for the New Jersey State and Monmouth County Police Academies. Mr. Kenney has also presented seminars for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, the New Jersey Association of County Prosecutors, and the National District Attorneys Association.
He is a member of the Monmouth Bar Association and is a past Chair of the Association's Criminal Practice Committee. He is also a member of the American Association for Justice and the New Jersey Chapter of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Mr. Kenney earned his bachelor of arts degree from Wilkes University in 1971. He completed his juris doctor at Seton Hall University in 1975 and was admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey and before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey that same year. He is also admitted to appear before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 1975
- Wilkes University
- B.A. - 1971
- Instructor, Monmouth University
- Lecturer, Division of Criminal Justice, New Jersey State and Monmouth County Police Academies
- Presenter, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
- Presenter, New Jersey Association of County Prosecutors
- Presenter, National District Attorneys Association
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Monmouth Bar Association, Member
- Monmouth Bar Association, Past Chair, Criminal Practice Committee
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, New Jersey Chapter, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Lomurro, Davison, Eastman & Munoz